Hino Motor Sales Australia continues to take a proactive and responsible approach to ensure the health and safety of the community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The wellbeing of our customers, staff, dealers and business partners remains our highest priority.
Following the advice of the Australian Federal Government and other relevant Health authorities, we continue to implement a number of preventative measures.
Hino Dealer Network
Our dealerships continue to provide customers with a range of options that meet their needs during these unprecedented times including:
- More intensive cleaning throughout the dealership focusing on high-touch areas, including doors, handrails, counter tops, workstations and customer-facing areas.
- Disinfecting/sanitising of vehicles as they come in and out of the dealership. Key focus remains on high-touches areas including door handles, steering wheel, switches and control buttons, multimedia screens, indicators stalks, seat belts, keys and other places.
- The use of hand sanitiser prior to entering a vehicle as well as sanitising hands thoroughly after you exit and close the door to the vehicle.
- Where possible, wearing gloves while cleaning/sanitising.
- Enforcing social distancing in showrooms and service waiting rooms through distance markings on floors and minimising direct interactions in a single area. During a service, technicians aim to wear gloves and apply disposable seat covers.
- Staff have been educated to maintain good hygiene standards and throughout the dealership sanitary packs are provided to ensure hygiene measures are met.
Hino and its dealers’ Service Departments continue to provide essential preventative maintenance and breakdown repair to keep Australia’s freight and logistics business moving at this vital time for our community.
Hino dealerships offer a range of flexible service options to assist our customers including:
- Courtesy drop-off and pick-up for servicing (upon request).
- Extended and flexible service hours at selected dealerships.
- The option of onsite or offsite remote servicing.
Product and Parts Supply
While Hino has been subject to unprecedented pressure on the supply chain, we continue to work closely with Hino Motors, Ltd. and other suppliers to manage business continuity and ensure stock levels remain adequate.
Keeping your business on the road is critical and we will continue to provide the support needed to ensure this.
Our Parts distribution centre in Sydney remains in operation to ensure orders are met and strict social distancing guidelines remain in place.
Hino Motor Sales Australia
At our Sydney head office, employees continue to work remotely where practical and a roster system is in place to minimise the number of people in the office.
For employees in the office, we continue to implement a range of measures that maximise the safety of our team including temperature checks, and the cancellation of all face-to-face meetings.
We continue to utilise phone and web-based communications for meetings.
These measures are enabling HMSA to provide uninterrupted support to our customers and dealers, which is a key priority for us.
Hino continues to work with the Truck Industry Council (TIC) as they liaise with the Australian Federal Government on ensuring the essential service of freight and logistics continues to keep Australia moving during this time.
We encourage anyone with concerns to contact Hino or your Hino dealer directly. Our in-house Hino Customer Care Centre is on standby to take calls. Be it a service enquiry or product advice, the Customer Care team is available to you on 1300 01 HINO. We have also developed some frequently asked questions and these can be found here.
Hino is constantly monitoring the situation and will provide continual updates to our customers and suppliers to keep all parties fully informed.
Updates to this general advice will be made as and when required.