Hino Australia Capped Price Service & Replacement Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern the operation of the program at authorised participating Hino dealers and are effective to 31 December 2021.
1. In these Terms and Conditions:
Authorised Participating Hino Dealer means a dealer appointed by Hino to sell new and /or demonstrator Hino vehicles of the kind marketed from time to time by Hino in Australia that has agreed with Hino to comply with the Hino Service Pricing Program.
Eligible Model List means the list of model variants to which the Hino Service Pricing Program applies, as updated from time to time.
Eligible Vehicles means all model variants set out in the Eligible Model List that are sold by an Authorised Participating Hino Dealer on or after the dates set out in the Eligible Model List and specifically excludes:
a. privately imported vehicles; and
b. 'Grey import' vehicles, i.e. Hino branded vehicles imported other than through authorised Hino channels for the purpose of resale.
Scheduled Services means for all Eligible Vehicles, standard scheduled service intervals which are scheduled to occur at every 20,000km/6 month intervals (whichever occurs first) as set out in the Service Schedule – Hino.
Service Schedule - Hino means the official service schedule for all Eligible Vehicles and may be amended from time to time. The service schedule differs across all models/variants; specific details can be found in your Warranty & Service Book or from your Authorised Hino dealer.
Hino means Hino Motor Sales Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 74 064 989 724.
Hino Capped Price Service means the capped price for a specified Scheduled Service as contemplated by these terms and conditions.
Hino Capped Price Replacement means the capped price clutch and brake repairs as contemplated by these terms and conditions.
Hino Service Pricing Program means the program for capped price service and replacements/repair as contemplated by these terms and conditions.
2. Scope of Hino Service Pricing Program
Only Authorised Participating Hino Dealers can perform the Hino Pricing Program.
View the participating dealers for Capped Price Service here.
View the participating dealers for Capped Price Brake and Clutch Replacement program here.
Hino Capped Price Servicing provides a capped price for each service specified in the Service Schedule - Hino; it does not prevent individual dealers charging less than the applicable capped price for any particular service.
Servicing conducted under the program must be carried out in accordance with Service Schedule -Hino service interval recommendations. If any scheduled maintenance service is missed, additional costs may apply when your vehicle is presented for its next scheduled maintenance service in addition to the capped price for that particular service.
3. What is covered under Hino Service Pricing Program?
The applicable Hino Capped Price Service will cover the standard items in each Scheduled Service as set out in the Service Schedule – Hino.
The applicable Hino Capped Price Replacement will cover the standard items as set out in the published offer as varied by Hino from time to time.
The standard items in each Scheduled Service & Capped Price Replacement are (subject to condition 5 below and the Service Schedule – Hino):
c. lubricants; and
d. sundries which includes items such as oil and waste recycling and or removal, workshop supplies etc.
4. Intermediate servicing
As some driving conditions place more stress and strain on your vehicle, some maintenance procedures may be required to be performed more regularly than the Scheduled Services. Authorised Hino Dealers should ensure that Customers are advised of the benefits of intermediate servicing in line with their vehicle’s operating conditions. Intermediate servicing is not covered under the Hino Service Pricing Program.
5. Hino Capped Price Service & Capped Price Replacement does not include the following items:
- Tyre balancing and wheel alignment where required;
- Repair of accident damage to any body, driveline or chassis components;
- Additional maintenance due to modification from original specification;
- Normal wear and tear consumable items and parts requiring additional maintenance that are not expressly included in the capped price offer (including but not limited to, wiper blades, globes of all types, fuses, trims, diesel particulate filters, catalytic converters, all belts, water pumps, tyres, Satellite Navigation update disks and all other parts of your vehicle that have been subject to normal wear and tear);
- Items or work required as a result of vehicle misuse or abuse or as a result of the vehicle not being driven in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines;
- Additional fluids and additives not specified in the Service Schedule - Hino;
- Brake pad shim kits, Brake pad fitting kits;
- Removal of PTO’s, bodies or other items that may interfere with the clutch replacement
- Flywheel machining limited to $140 with the clutch replacement;
- Adjustments not specified in the Service Schedule – Hino;
- Additional maintenance and repairs that may be recommended by your Authorised Hino Dealer to suit your individual driving characteristics;
- Service or maintenance of non-genuine Hino parts;
- Service, fitment or maintenance of any accessories, including Hino accessories
- Additional items identified within the service schedule including: coolant, air filters, desiccant, and synthetic transmission oil
These items will be identified as a separate charge to the published Hino Capped Price Service and/or Capped Price Replacement.
Please note: Participating Authorised Hino Dealers are required to advise Customers if any additional service or maintenance work is required. Customers should be informed prior to that work being undertaken and their consent should be requested and obtained before the participating Authorised Hino Dealer undertakes the additional service or maintenance work.
6. How often will the maximum service prices be changed?
On or before 31 December each year, Hino Australia will publish the Hino Capped Price Service maximum charges that will apply from 1 January the following year on its website at www.hino.com.au. Customers have the peace of mind in knowing that the Hino Capped Price Service will be valid for the following calendar year.
To the extent permitted by law, these Terms and Conditions may be amended by Hino from time to time and Hino may at its election discontinue the Hino Capped Price Servicing Program. Amendments will be published on the Hino website www.hino.com.au and will take effect immediately on publication.