Hino Australia is here to help - Latest COVID-19 updates
Hino Motor Sales Australia continues to take a proactive and responsible approach to ensure the health and safety of the community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The wellbeing of our customers, staff, dealers and business partners remains our highest priority.
We’re focused on doing everything we can to remain open, following the advice of the Australian Federal Government and other relevant Health authorities. We will continue to implement a number of preventative measures and are complying with all relevant State Government policy and Health Department regulations.
Hino Dealer Network
Dealerships are operating, whilst following the below safety measures:
- More intensive cleaning throughout the dealership focusing on high-touch areas, including doors, handrails, counter tops, workstations and customer-facing areas
- Disinfecting/sanitising of vehicles as they come in and out of the dealership with a focus on high-touch areas including door handles, steering wheel, switches and control buttons, multimedia screens, indicators stalks, seat belts, keys and other places
- Using hand sanitiser and wearing masks and gloves as required
- Enforcing social distancing in showrooms and service waiting rooms through distance markings on floors and minimising direct interactions in a single area.
- Staff have been educated to maintain good hygiene standards and, throughout the dealership, sanitary packs are provided to ensure hygiene measures are met.
Product and Parts Supply
The truck market has experienced a stronger than expected demand, leading to extended lead times for production and customer delivery.
Hino Motors, Ltd have supported the Australian market through increased cab chassis production to meet customer demand but unfortunately they have been unable to sustain this increased production in recent months due to resurgence of COVID – Delta and the impact on global component supply.
We will continue to work closely with Hino Motors, Ltd. and our dealer network to communicate these delays and fulfil customer orders.
Our Parts Distribution Centre in Sydney is in full operation providing parts to our dealerships as soon as the next business day.
At Hino, we will continue to provide essential preventative maintenance and breakdown repairs to keep Australia’s freight and logistics business moving.
Hino dealerships are offering a range of flexible service options including:
- Courtesy drop-off and pick-up for servicing
- Extended and flexible service hours at selected dealerships
- Onsite or offsite remote servicing
All appropriate cleaning, hygiene and social distancing measures are implemented when servicing your vehicle.
Hino Motor Sales Australia
Our priority is to provide uninterrupted support to customers and dealers.
Hino continues to work with the Truck Industry Council (TIC) as they liaise with the Australian Federal Government on ensuring the essential service of freight and logistics continues to keep Australia moving during this time.
We encourage anyone with concerns to contact Hino or your local Hino dealer directly. Our in-house Hino Customer Care Centre is on standby to take calls. Be it a service enquiry or product advice, the Customer Care team is available to you on 1300 01 HINO. We have also developed some frequently asked questions and these can be found here.
Hino is constantly monitoring the situation and will provide continual updates to our customers and suppliers to keep all parties fully informed.
Updates to this general advice will be made as and when required.