Hino Australia: COVID-19 Coronavirus Update
Hino Motor Sales Australia continues to take a proactive and responsible approach to ensure the health and safety of the community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The wellbeing of our customers, staff, dealers and business partners remains our highest priority.
Following the advice of the Australian Federal Government and other relevant Health authorities, we continue to implement a number of preventative measures.
Hino Dealer Network
Our dealerships continue to provide customers with a range of options that meet their needs during these unprecedented times including:
- More intensive cleaning throughout the dealership focusing on high-touch areas, including doors, handrails, counter tops, workstations and customer-facing areas
- Disinfecting/sanitising of vehicles as they come in and out of the dealership. Key focus remains on high-touches areas including door handles, steering wheel, switches and control buttons, multimedia screens, indicators stalks, seat belts, keys and other places
- The use of hand sanitiser prior to entering a vehicle as well as sanitising hands thoroughly after you exit and close the door to the vehicle
- Where possible, wearing gloves while cleaning/sanitising
- Enforcing social distancing in showrooms and service waiting rooms through distance markings on floors and minimising direct interactions in a single area.
- During a service, technicians aim to wear gloves and apply disposable seat covers.
- Staff have been educated to maintain good hygiene standards and throughout the dealership sanitary packs are provided to ensure hygiene measures are met.
While our Melbourne showrooms might be physically closed, our staff are still contactable via phone or email. In regional Victoria, restrictions apply but our sales staff are also available in the showroom. Please contact your local Hino dealer for more information.
At Hino, we will continue to provide essential preventative maintenance and breakdown repairs to keep Australia’s freight and logistics business moving.
Hino dealerships are offering a range of flexible service options including:
- Courtesy drop-off and pick-up for servicing
- Extended and flexible service hours at selected dealerships
- Onsite or offsite remote servicing
All appropriate cleaning, hygiene and social distancing measures will be implemented when servicing your vehicle.
For Victorian dealerships that are subject to restrictions, please contact your local Hino dealer to confirm current operations.
Product and Parts Supply
Despite unprecedented pressure on our supply chain, we are working hard to ensure business continuity and ensure stock levels remain adequate.
Keeping your business on the road is critical and we will continue to provide the support needed to ensure this.
Our Parts distribution centre in Sydney is in full operation providing parts to our dealerships as soon as the next business day.
For Victorian dealerships, contactless pick-up and click-and-collect processes are available. Please contact your local Hino dealer for more information.
Hino Motor Sales Australia
At our Sydney head office, we continue to implement strict social distancing and hygiene measures including web-based communications.
The Board of Directors and Executive team continue to monitor the situation closely and are constantly updating staff on protocols and safety measures.
Our priority is to provide uninterrupted support to customers and dealers.
Hino continues to work with the Truck Industry Council (TIC) as they liaise with the Australian Federal Government on ensuring the essential service of freight and logistics continues to keep Australia moving during this time.
We encourage anyone with concerns to contact Hino or your local Hino dealer directly. Our in-house Hino Customer Care Centre is on standby to take calls. Be it a service enquiry or product advice, the Customer Care team is available to you on 1300 01 HINO. We have also developed some frequently asked questions and these can be found here.
Hino is constantly monitoring the situation and will provide continual updates to our customers and suppliers to keep all parties fully informed.
Updates to this general advice will be made as and when required.